Sunday, February 28, 2016

"I am...."

In the book of John, Jesus made seven "I am" statements.  He makes it clear that HE, and HE alone, is the source of life and salvation.  In John 6:35, He states that "I am the Bread of Life...".  In John 8:12, He states that "I am the Light of the world...".  John 10:9, "I am the door...", John 10:11, I am the Good Shepherd...", John 11:25, "I am the Resurrection and the Life...", John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father, except through me."   And in John 15:5, Jesus declared, "I am the vine...".  
These statements are not only beautiful, but TRUE.  Not all religious systems are equal.  Any "religion" which denies that Jesus is not God, and not the way TO God, is false.  "There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.” (NLT)  Jesus is the only way.  To deny Him, is to deny life itself.  

No comments: