Sunday, February 21, 2016

Jesus Weeps...

One day, Jesus spoke these words, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"  How Jesus longed to love His chosen people!  How He longed to gather them close to Him.  How He wanted them to receive Him as their Messiah.  No matter what Jesus said, they chose not to believe.  They would not.  
The picture presented here of Jesus is so beautiful.  Protective.  Passionate.  Loving.  
It struck me.  That is what I've done to Jesus.  Over and over, He has called to me.  Called me to come to Him.  Come to Him and lay down my burdens, cares, sins and worries.  Called me to lay down ALL that separates me from Him.  
But, I'm afraid!  I'm afraid of losing something that I THINK I want or need.  He sees the whole picture, from start to finish. He created me.  He made me.  He knows every hair on my head.  He wants ONLY good for me.  He wants ONLY the very best.  He knows that when He is glorified, and I'm resting in Him, I can experience the "fullness of joy" that He has promised.  (Psalms 16:11) 

No comments: