O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways
Do you believe in God's providence? I do, and after you read this, I hope you will! I have been using a SunCloud infrared, electrical heater for several years in the basement apartment that I rent from my Grandmother. The house is more than 50 years old, and was not wired for our modern appliances. I have been using a converter to plug the three-pronged heater into a two-pronged wall outlet. For several days prior to Saturday, December 5, I had been smelling a "hot" smell when the electrical heater would run. Then, it was Saturday. My mom and dad were coming over to help me do some things, and while they were there, I asked my dad about the heater and the hot smell. He took the filter off of the back of it to check and see if it was dirty. It was okay. Around this time, the heater cycled on and the hot smell started. At first, it wasn't so strong and he didn't smell it too much if any. Then, it got stronger. A short time later, fire began coming out of the area where it was plugged into the wall! You talk about action! I, stupidly, ran into the kitchen and started getting water to put on it and was hollering around about it being on fire. My dad, thankfully, went to the outlet where the fire and smoke were coming out of, and began hitting at it with his hand. He managed to yank the cords that were plugged into the wall out and the fire stopped! Thank God! The smoke alarm did not go off. We were left with a melted and burned converter and a cloud of soot and smoke. It was a miracle. Had this happened when I was sleeping, or my Grandma and I were gone, we would not have a house standing today. My Christmas tree was very close to the outlet and it would've probably caught on fire very soon, or at least some of the ornaments. The wooden window seal just about the outlet had a black area on it, and it would've most likely caught on fire eventually. I'm grateful that it happened just at the time my parents were there. Had it happened while I was home alone, I would've possibly thrown that water on it, and might have electrocuted myself! So, God worked it all out to happen just at the "right" time! It's as if He thought, "Okay, this fire is going to happen, the laws of nature tell that. If this happens at the time when she is asleep, or gone, it will be tragic. I will arrange for her parents to come by at just the right time. I'll keep it from catching on fire until that moment. Her dad will know what to do." He was looking out for me. When I doubt His loving care, I should recall this near tragedy and remember His faithfulness to me! When I feel alone and discouraged, I should remember that all my days are numbered by Him and they aren't up yet! He still has work for me to do. He is so good. There is a lovely chorus which goes along with this very well.
"He is good, He is good, His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good.
He is good, He is good, His love endures forever.
Give thanks, for He is good..."
Yes, God was very good to me that day and I give Him glory and honor!