Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Happenings...






A belated Merry Christmas to everyone! A Happy New Year, as well. It has been a very busy month, but filled with many fun and lovely events. I was happy to be able to attend the annual Kansas City Brass Concert which is held each year at the Country Club Christian Church in Kansas City, MO. In 2003, my family and I attended this, and it has become a tradition. They are all members of the Symphony, and so funny!!! The Christmas party at the assisted living where I work, was a neat event! Our director, Phyllis and her husband Frank, were Mr. and Mrs. Claus. The residents loved it! A very nice gift is given to all of the residents, and they sang Christmas songs and carols together as well as enjoyed sweets. Our annual Wright family Christmas gathering is always so nice. My Uncle Nathan and his wife, Renee, always organize this, and it's a great way for us all to take time to be together. This year, instead of going to a restaurant, we met at the Gregory Hills Church Family Life Center, and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast buffet cooked by my brother Jonathan, cousin Darric and others. It was the best buffet in town!!!! There's still more Christmas to come, as my immediate family will not have our celebration until January 2! So, I have a few more things to purchase, and hope to get some after Christmas bargains!!!!

No comments: