Sunday, April 30, 2023

Cleaning Systems...Daily Routines

 I've been exploring cleaning systems on YouTube primarily and in the book "Sink Reflections" by the flyLady, Marla Cilley.  I am realizing as I explore this topic, I already have a pretty decent system in place.  Maybe I should start a channel telling about MY system.   There ARE ways however, for me to IMPROVE on my system and constant tweeks are good!  

Here's my system....which I started developing pretty good in the Fall of 2020.  

I already had some daily routines which I have been tweeking and they are very helpful.

My morning routine on work days includes Quiet time in the Bible with my coffee, a 20 minute exercise routine, getting dressed and getting out the door to work.  Rob makes me a breakfast I can eat in the car and at work in my desk and he also does a good bit of bed making.    

My after work routine includes some type of activity such as walking, yard work, gardening.  Emptying the dishwasher/reloading and tidying the kitchen, a load of laundry, practicing the piano.  Then it's time for Supper.  I have developed a system of cooking a meal on Tuesday which we can eat for two days and another meal on Thursday which we can eat for two days.  This is working really well.  (Monday evening Rob goes to a men's Bible study and he eats there, so I can grab whatever at home)

Before bed routine includes loading the dishwasher, a quick kitchen tidy/sweep in main areas, getting my vitamins ready for the next day, making sure the coffee pot has water, getting my clothes ready for the next day and a few minutes in my office trying to stay on top of financial matters, etc.  Then it's shower/bath time and into bed.

If I keep these routines up, life flows pretty well.  And these routines are a little different depending on whether or not the next day is work day.  

In my next post, I will address my bathrooms and kitchen zone cleaning.  

No comments: