Monday, October 3, 2022

Things that Bring Me Joy...

 Been going through a rough patch...despair...struggling as a post menopausal woman.  So much I could say.  But, today, I thought, what brings me joy?  I started to make a list...coffee with my niece, Luanna and her little gal, Evie; cooking; keeping our house nice; playing piano; studying the Bible.  Right there are several lovely things.  What are things that do NOT bring me joy?  Feeling tied to a dead end office job when I really want to focus more on homemaking.  This is really hard.  But, I am here.  Jesus is in control and He is allowing this in my life right now.  So, I have to do what Paul said in Philippians.  Think on good things.  Things that are good, lovely, praiseworthy and of a good report.  Some of those things are the ones I already mentioned, coffee with my niece, cooking, the time I DO have to keep our home, playing piano, studying the Bible.  Perhaps the joyless activities will help to make the Joyful activities even more enjoyable.  Lord Jesus, help me to find my greatest joy in You alone.  You truly are "Jesu, joy of man's desiring."  

No comments: