Monday, October 24, 2022

Joy in Christ...

 Being very hypersensitive, I'm always very in touch with my feelings, often too much so.  I'm at a place in life where I feel very burnt out, very frustrated and very trapped.  In the midst of this, comes a hint of joy that is nudging me around the edges...plunge into this place of joy that nothing can take from you...what is this?  It is the reality that Christ Jesus, Himself is with me in EVERYTHING.  Those early morning drives, alone in my car, in the dark, to a job that I dislike...He is there.  His guardian angels set out each morning sitting on the top of my car, guiding me away from the deer, away from accidents and safely to my destination.  When I'm sitting at my desk, struggling to focus due to the ravages of a postmenopause brain, discouraged, feeling trapped and frustrated, He is there.  When I'm home cleaning the bathrooms, cooking the meals, doing the laundry, in my marriage, in all of my relationships, even the most mundane things, Jesus is THERE!  He, alone, is the source of everything that I long for.  His Presence, Peace and Purpose are THERE!  In joy, in sorrow, in good times, in bad times, He is THERE.  

"You will show me the path in life, in Your presence is fullness of joy."  Psalms 16:11

No comments: