Sunday, December 11, 2016

God in Flesh Appearing

I love Christmas! I love the music, the decorations, the parties, church services, the concerts, the family times, etc. It is also my privilege each December to play and sing LOTS of Christmas music, sacred and secular as I travel around to play for the Greatest Generation. One of my many favorites is "O Come All Ye Faithful." I especially like the words of verse three..."Yea, Lord we great Thee, born this happy morning. Jesus, to Thee be all glory given. Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing.." I was overcome yesterday when singing this song at one of my gigs. Think about it. Christianity is the ONLY "religion" whose God became a man. He became a man out of love. He WANTS us to be saved. As it states in Colossians 1:15-18, if we see Jesus, we will know what God is like. "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." That is why He came. So, we could see God, the Father. So, we could be saved. I LOVE Christmas! Here is one of the most beautiful versions of this glorious carol by Josh Groban.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhFTXYB69pw

No comments: