Friday, April 5, 2013

Where Am I drinking from?

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for Jehovah, even Jehovah, is my strength and song; and he is become my salvation. 3Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.   Isaiah 12:2-3

We are ALL drinking from something...what am I drinking from?  Am I drinking from the well of salvation?  The clean and pure water that Jesus spoke of in John 4:14 "...but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up unto eternal life."  Am I drinking from His Word, of the promises and truth that are all throughout, finding strength for each day and hope for tomorrow?  Am I reading and finding the knowledge of how He wants me to live?  

Or, am I drinking from the shallow wells of this world, the wells of worldly entertainment?  The Hollywood ideas of love and fulfillment?  Am I drinking of the wells of this world's empty pleasure?  Is the emptiness inside drawing me to seek temporal, earthly thrills?  And, when I have drank from those shallow, empty wells, do I go back for more?  Or, do I run back to Jesus where the life giving water flows, freely, to satisfy my every longing, no matter how deep?  Do I come back with brokenness and repentance?  I was not made for the shallow, temporal wells of this world.  I was made to draw deeply from the wells of salvation.

Lord Jesus, give me a thirst and a longing for You that will drive me onward to You each and every day!


No comments: