Sunday, February 24, 2013

To Know the Love of Christ

Ephesians 3:16-19 says "I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."  

Everyone is looking for love...we all, naturally, want to be loved!  It is a God given desire that each of us have.   Sadly, we generally look in the wrong places to find that love.  Born with a sinful nature, it is only natural for humans to look everywhere but in Christ for love.  Some examples of that search include, seeking after money, sexual sin, controlling ones spouse in order to find satisfaction, insisting that children "fulfill" them, being a workaholic, and many other vices.  

For myself, I, too, have looked in the wrong place many times for love.  To be honest, I thought I HAD to have a husband to be happy.  I thought a job that paid better would make me happy, etc.  I'm grateful that while I would still like to have a husband, it is no longer the MUST item it once was.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to teach in a Christian school and be a part of God's work even though the pay is small.  God supplies all of my needs!  

It is a blessed day when an individual comes to the realization that there is NO HUMAN alive who can give them the unconditional love that fulfills and satisfies!  What a blessed day when Christ is all and in all!


"Jesus, from your amazing resources, empower me with inner strength through your Holy Spirit.  As You make Yourself more and more at home in my heart, teach me to trust You alone for love.  May my roots go down deep into Your love and keep me strong.  Give me power to understand how wide, how long, and how high and how deep Your love is!  Even though I can't understand it fully in this life, make me complete with Your life and power!!!"

No comments: