Sunday, December 21, 2008

What is Christmas?



What is Christmas? This question was recently asked at church. Is it giving and receiving presents? Is it parties, fun or lavish decorations? I believe the Apostle Paul had it right when he said, "Christ Jesus came into this world to save sinners..." (I Timothy 1:15) Yes, I love the baby in the manger...it's a beautiful story! But, as I tried to convey in Kids Church this morning, it's more than that. After showing them the manger scene, I showed them the cross and then the tomb. They really listened well! Oh, that we could remember how very important it is that Jesus did not stay a baby in the manger. But, as Bill and Gloria Gaither's beautiful song says, "He came to love, heal and forgive. He bled and died to buy my pardon..." I wish you a wonderful holiday, and a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: