Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for...so very, very much. Has everything gone as I would've liked for it to? No, there have been many disappointments in my life, but I am so blessed even still.
I have lived all of my life in the greatest country that has ever been on this earth. I love America and am grateful to be free.
I am grateful for Christian parents and for most of my education being in a Christian environment. My parents sacrificed a lot to make that possible.
I am grateful for good health, family, friends, a car, a job and clothes to wear, food to eat...and I could go on.
The greatest blessings however, are that Christ came into this world to save sinners, and that included me. I am grateful that as a child I began to sense that I needed Christ in my life. In spite of my many failures, He has been more than faithful to me. For His precious Word, The Bible, I am grateful.
"Come ye thankful people come.
Raise the song of harvest home.
All is safely gathered in. Ere the winter storms begin.
God our Maker doth provide. For our wants to be supplied.
Come to God's own temple come. Raise the song of harvest home."


--- Henry Alford


No comments: