Sunday, June 29, 2008

My New Laptop Part 2

Hello, everyone. This is my first blog post that I have posted using my new laptop! It is quite the sleek machine...Windows Vista...wide screen...clear, crisp graphics...voice and video calling capability...web cam...you name it...WOW!
Tonight, I went with my parents to their church in Olathe. On Sunday evening, they have a more cottage prayer meeting type of service. We sang several songs and prayed. The pastor led a Bible study through part of the book of Jonah. Jonah is an interesting book. We find a man who thought that somehow he would be happy without God! He is just like so many people in our world today. They run from God and try to find their "Tarsus." But, they never find what they are really looking for...peace with God. We didn't finish the book of Jonah tonight, but I already know that Jonah did realize that obedience to God is the only way to live. I'm glad that God gives us second and third chances to obey Him! Aren't you?

1 comment:

Luanna Joy Wright said...

Hi, Sharmen!

How are you doing? I am alright. =)



Luanna