Sunday, November 28, 2010

Belated Thanksgiving...

Psalms 9:1-2

I will give thanks unto Jehovah with my whole heart;

I will show forth all thy marvelous works.

I will be glad and exult in thee;

I will sing praise to thy name, O thou Most High.


I know that the official Thanksgiving day is past, but I believe that any day is a good day to give thanks to God.

This year of 2010 has been a difficult year for the Wright family. My brother Michael's cancer, my Aunt Charlotte passing away unexpectedly, and another family member going through a very difficult time has all contributed to sadness and tears. Yet, through all of this, God has been faithful again and again.

I give thanks for God's provision in my own life...for the privilege of owning several Bibles without fear of imprisonment...for health...for friends and family...for allowing me to go on two vacations this year, one to Michigan and one to Ohio and Indiana...for church families...for education and talents...for freedom here in America and there is so much more! I have much more than so many in this world even at my lowest point.

Being a part of such a wonderful family, the Wright family, has brought many blessings to me. A regular part of my life is visiting my Uncle Kenny, wife Darlene and their children on Sunday nights after church. Thanksgiving day found me spending time at my cousin Kristina's house with her family and others. And, there have been other fun times with my family, and our Christmas gathering coming up on December 18. We'll be going to see Christmas lights together and then enjoy a carry in meal.

God has worked it out for me to live in my Grandma's basement apartment for more than 7 years. This fall, we did some painting in the kitchen, dining area and living room. One of the last things was putting a new laminate floor into the kitchen and dining area! It's like having a new place! For all of that I am grateful.

Of course, I am just scratching the surface of all that I have to be thankful for, but this is a good start!


A wonderful Holiday season to all!


No comments: