Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Woman Who Made a Difference



In 2 Chronicles 22:10-12, 23 and chapter 24:1-18, we read of the courage of an amazing women, with an unusual name! Aunt Jehosheba was used along with her husband Jehoida, who was a priest in the temple, to preserve a baby, named Joash. Not only did they preserve his life from his wicked grandmother, but they also preserved a child who would become one of the more righteous kings in Judah. What courage it must have taken to hide this child when all of the other children were slaughtered to satisfy the wicked heart of Athaliah, his grandmother! But, Jehosheba prevailed and a few years later, Joash was crowned king at age seven!
God still uses anyone who is willing to be used of Him. Perhaps, like myself, you are not a mother...this may bring tears and sadness to your heart as it has mine on many occasions. But, we need not feel useless or left out! As an aunt, I have a tremendous opportunity to influence the lives of four precious little people, Luanna, Esther, Juli and Karson! I can choose each day to follow Jesus and be an example to them, or I can choose otherwise. I can choose to conduct myself in their presence with a Christlike spirit or not. I can be available to cheer them on as they grow and to be a listening ear if they so desire. There are many other ways for me to do good to them and many others. My life need not be in vain...
In Proverbs 31, we are reminded that "Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." May each of us women focus first and foremost on the beauty that need not fade, that of the beauty of Jesus in our lives...

No comments: