Monday, August 3, 2009

Operation Rescue





I was very privileged to visit the headquarters of Operation Rescue on Saturday, August 1, 2009 in Wichita, KS. If you are not aware of this organization, please check out their very excellent website at www.operationrescue.org. My parents and I were given a tour by a volunteer, Tara, and her husband was also in the building. Operation Rescue is located in a former abortion clinic in a not so nice area of town. As you can see from the photos, they left the original sign from the abortion clinic, and placed the word "closed" over top of it. They bought this roach infested building three years ago, when the abortion facility was forced to shut down. What an opportunity! It was filthy, dirty and horrible inside. Such a parallel to the evil that was present when 50,000 babies were murdered! Since OR claimed it, they have literally transformed it into a beautiful, clean, peaceful place. What a change comes from being inhabited by evil, to being filled with the presence of God. Notice the memorial wall remembering each of these precious lives lost. Lives lost, who will never get to grow up and pursue all of life's dreams. Never being able to go to college, get married, have children, perhaps discover the cure to cancer...
OR works to educate and end abortion through peaceful means. They were close to having George Tiller removed as an abortionist, when he was gunned down. One of their next projects is to try to prevent LeRoy Carhart from Nebraska from taking Tiller's place as a major late term abortionist.
I was able to get a copy of Troy Newman's book, Their Blood Cries Out. Excellent so far. Troy is the head of OR, and I would highly recommend this book. It shows clearly from the Bible why abortion must be ended.
Please also see the picture of former abortionist, George Tiller's now empty abortion clinic! (bottom) Praise the Lord, babies are no longer dying in this building.
The sign has been removed, but this is the place where thousands of babies died. May our hearts be changed and may we fight for the end of this genocide.

From Psalm 139...(my paraphrase) You made me, and all my intricate parts while I was in my mother's womb...You knew me even when I was in a secret place...Your thoughts to me are precious, I cannot count them...Your works are marvelous! I praise You, Jesus, for You made me amazingly!

No comments: