Wednesday, October 15, 2008

God is STILL running this world!

Is anyone out there discouraged about the course of our country? I love America. God planted in the hearts of brave men and women in the past to build this country from the bottom up. What a shame to what it has come. I pray that God will have mercy on us. This evening, I spent some time kindav praying/reading through Psalm 37. I would encourage anyone to read this chapter. Here we see what is coming for the wicked. They will be cut down like the grass; they will whither as the green herb, we will look for them but they will be gone. It certainly seems that evil is winning.
But, God is still on the throne. He delights to do great things in difficult circumstances. He loves to come through at the last minute! He enjoys winning big victories with small groups of His own. Think with me for a moment. Remember David and Goliath? David didn't have much to fight with in the human. He was a young man, much shorter than the giant, Goliath. But, he came in the name of the Lord and the victory was won. Think about Gideon and his small band of 300 soldiers. The victory was won with only this handful. The secret? They had God on their side! We too, can have God on our side.
While Satan and his cronies are having their heyday, we can be sure of one thing. Their heyday is going to be very short lived. The day is coming, maybe sooner than we think, when they WILL be cut down and whither away. You can be sure of it!
Remember this little chorus??
"God's still running this world.
God's still running this world.
Satan said he thought he could,
God said he never would.
God's still running this world."

1 comment:

Luanna Joy Wright said...

Hello, Sharmen!

I know I saw you today!

Just remember Tuesday and tomorrow and tonight that "I Can Trust Jesus, I Can Trust Jesus, He never once has failed to meet my needs...He is my strong tower, the strength in my weekest hour. I Can Trust Jesus He takes care of me."

Luanna